Whether you're looking for Political or Religious discussion or just fun friendly banter with fellow PUL members, or are you here for the Radio and Chat?

Register your PULSE account today!

News Attack on Muslim community

Discussion in 'General News & Politics' started by norman, Jun 19, 2017.

1. norman

norman Well-Known Member Donator

2. Boynefive

Boynefive Well-Known Member Donator Masons Orange Order

I pondering whether it is sectarian or racist - although one is as bad as another

3. governor walker

governor walker Well-Known Member R.B.P Orange Order Verified Band Members

When this sort of thing happens it makes the everday muslim wonder
    We cant win this war without the help of moderate muslims in the community

blacoedawson likes this.
  4. The Covenantor

The Covenantor Active Member Donator

Where do you start with this mess, if the moderate Muslim community don't come out and work with the country to eradicate this from within our society, then god only knows where this will take us.

5. norman

Apparently "moderate muslims" did notify authorities about London Muslim attackers but nothing happened.

6. Boabally

Boabally DJ Staff Member DJ Orange Order A.B.O.D

Was a cert to happen just suprised it never happened sooner

7. governor walker

governor walker Well-Known Member R.B.P Orange Order Verified Band Members

I agree on that point

8. Bluefin221

Bluefin221 Administrator Staff Member Admin DJ Orange Order Verified Band Members

Agree with this, and I personally can only see this getting worse, normal British folk are scared, it doesn't take much for folk to snap, all it takes is for the wrong persons family to be killed in a terrorist attack, next thing you know all hell is breaking lose. Normal working class folk with nothing to lose is a dangerous road were going down.

9. Loyal-Prod51

Loyal-Prod51 Well-Known Member Orange Order

Could this be a Muslim on Muslim attack? Unlikely having read the man's comments but just wanted to highlight that Sunni Muslim on Shia Muslim attacks aren't rare elsewhere in the world.

I hope British folk don't fight back. Leave it to the security services. Fighting back via terrorism such as this will only result in more propaganda to the extremists in their brainwashing of young Muslims.

10. Boabally

The normal everyday British person is looking at this though and in their eyes seeing a lack of action by the Government and this will lead too more incidents and as Bluefin said i feel it will get worse.

11. magnus

magnus Super Mod Staff Member Super Mod Donator R.B.P Orange Order

Random attacks on anyone by anyone is evil. People were attending an injured man in the street when a madman drives onto the pavement in an attempt to kill and maim innocent ordinary people. It's undoubtedly true that there is a fear and apprehension amongst the general public due to recent terrorist attacks. The attacks are designed to prevent us from living our normal lives in a liberal democratic society. As another poster mentioned we must allow the police and security services to deal with these people. Our role is to continue to lead our normal lives whilst being aware of the threat our fine country is under. Civil and religious liberty for all.

12. Loyal-Prod51

I think we should be mindful that something like 3 million Muslims live in Britain. They aren't leaving and their not going to change their faith. At the moment terrorist attacks from within the Muslim community are low, rare and don't have the widespread support of their community.

If ethnic British people start attacking or terrorising the Muslim population then the natural reaction for many young Muslims will also be to fight back. Should things get out of control then there is potential (with a population of 3million+) for terrorist attacks to become widespread, frequent, unstoppable even unmanageable by the security services. Certainly hundreds even thousands could die.

If it worth provoking a situation or is it better to let the security services deal with these scum in the knowledge that despite all our best efforts the odd idiot will sadly slip through the net.

13. Boabally

Its little comfort to the families of those killed though that the "odd idiot" slips through the net especially if the odd idiots are on a watchlist or been allowed back in the country after going to wherever to be trained up or to fight for isis

braveschomberg likes this.
  14. Loyal-Prod51

I don't think we should lie to any family or citizen of this country. Its a fact that extremists will try to attack our country and also a fact that we can not stop every attack.
    Of course if someone is on a watch list their actions should be followed. Impossible to do so 24/7 but certainly an eye should be kept upon them.

I also agree that anyone who went to fight for Islamic State in Syria should have automatically have lost their British citizenship and never have been allowed to return. I think it was EU Rights Laws that prevented us from doing this. The result means we have something like 800 IS fighters/supporters who have been to Syria now living back in the UK. A security nightmare for the security services.

braveschomberg and Boabally like this.
  15. Boabally

I agree but these radicals who went to fight should have been stripped of their citizenship and refused entry to the country as they dhould have lost their rights as soon as they left
    As for the ones on the watchlist they are on it for a reason and surely its a matter of national security so round them up and those who aren't holding a British passport deport them and as for the others lock them up and stuff their human rights

braveschomberg and Bluefin221 like this.
  16. Boynefive

Boynefive Well-Known Member Donator Masons Orange Order

It is complex.
    Firstly ISL and our home grown nazis love nothing more than revenge attacks driving people into a fortress mentality. Fitt & Paisley, 60 years ago, used this attitude to launch their political careers,
    Secondly many of these attackers seem to come from countries where we, the West, have intervened. Perhaps we should not be so keen on lauding the benefits of democracy. Libya, Egypt, Syria, and Iraq are all places where a dictatorship was allowing the vast majority to live in peace and safety.

One of the problems we have is a lack of reliable news sources for the public. I think of Algeria in the 90s http://www.algeria-watch.org/pdf/pdf_en/massacres_algeria.pdf
    which was a precursor of the rise of ISL. I haven't read that myself, it was only this response that prompted me to look for it. I knew of these massacres only through snippets in the newspapers at the time.
    The lack of news sources is reinforced by a lack of analysis. The car bomb in World Trade Centre in 1993 linked to 9/11 - probably. This lack of news and analysis allows politicians to lead their people into wars dressed up as patriotism and does not prepare us for repercussion or reaction.

17. Loyal-Prod51

I don't agree actually. How many Loyalists are also on a watchlist? Are members of this site on a watchlist?

Anyone who is seen to take a stand for any cause and deemed by the security services or police to be a potential threat even without evidence of any sort could be added to a watch-list.

18. norman

Aye where is KingBilly1690 ? ;)

19. Boabally

How many Loyalists are likely to target me my family or randomly attack multiple people going about their daily tasks so i totally disagree and don't agree with the premise that it equates to the same thing
    w

braveschomberg likes this.
  20. Boabally

Too many namby pamby hand wringers is whats wrong with this country,more afraid of being seen as politically uncorrect and scared of being branded racist
    As soon as you question Islamic radicals the MSM are quick to brandish you as a racist or islamaphobic well when i see children in our own country being blown up by these dogs i don't care what people brand me